Amazon Pinpoint helps you engage with your customers by sending email, SMS, and mobile push messages. Whether you’re a developer, marketer, or business user, you can use Amazon Pinpoint to send targeted messages (such as promotional alerts and customer retention campaigns), as well as direct messages (such as order confirmations and password reset messages) to your customers.
You can integrate Amazon Pinpoint into your apps to capture usage data, which helps you better understand how customers interact with your apps. Amazon Pinpoint also tracks the ways that your customers respond to the messages you send—for example, by showing you the number of messages that were delivered, opened, or clicked.
You can send direct messages—such as order confirmations, welcome messages, and one-time passwords—using the console or the Amazon Pinpoint REST API. You can also use the API to build custom applications that deliver campaign and transactional messages across multiple channels.
- Flexible Multi-Channel Messaging: Use the campaign management features in Amazon Pinpoint to send email, SMS, and mobile push messages to highly targeted customer segments. Or you can use the Amazon Pinpoint REST API to send direct messages to specific recipients.
- Powerful Application Analytics: Collect information about the users of your applications by integrating the AWS Mobile SDK into your application. Amazon Pinpoint gathers information about how your customers use your applications—as well as information about the devices they use, and any custom attributes that you define.
- Global Reach: Send messages to customers using the communication channels they prefer. You can send email to prospective customers, and can send push notifications directly to users of your mobile applications. You can also send text messages to customers in over 200 countries around the world, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe.
- Cost-Effective: Pay as you go, and pay only for what you use. There are no upfront fees, no fixed expenses, and no minimum charges. Target 1,000 customers, track 100 million app events, and send 1 million push notifications per month for free.
- Application Analytics: You can use the AWS Mobile SDK to capture vital information about how your customers use your apps. Amazon Pinpoint includes usage dashboards that track the number of sessions per day, the number of purchases per day, the days and times when customers use your app, and more.
You can use Amazon Kinesis to export this data to other AWS services—or to external databases and applications—for additional analysis and monitoring.
- Direct (Transactional) Messages: Use the Amazon Pinpoint console or REST API to create scheduled campaigns, or to send SMS and mobile push messages directly to specific recipients. Your apps can call the API directly, enabling you to send account creation messages, password reset notifications, and order confirmations.
- Customer Segmentation: The Amazon Pinpoint segmentation tool helps you create highly targeted groups of customers for your campaigns. You can create segments based on demographics (such as user age, location, or device type), interests (such as their favorite hobby or sports team), and behaviors (such as the number of times they’ve opened your app in the past week). By targeting specific customers based on their attributes, you ensure that your communications are relevant, useful, and timely.
- Multi-Channel Communications: Amazon Pinpoint helps you keep in touch with your customers using a variety of channels. Use SMS text messages to send urgent information directly to your customers’ mobile devices. Send mobile push notifications to users of your applications, regardless of their platform or device type. Or send rich, long-form content by email.
- Customer Engagement That Goes Both Ways: With two-way SMS messaging, your customers can respond directly to your text messages. By collecting feedback in this way, you can gather additional information about your customers’ preferences. You can also use short codes to make it easy for new customers to opt in to your services.
- Campaign Analytics: After you send a message, you can track its performance by using the charts and dashboards built in to Amazon Pinpoint. You can view the numbers of deliveries, opens, and clicks in real time. Over time, you’ll be able to see which campaigns and messages generated the highest revenue or response rates. You can use this information to make future campaigns even more successful.