Create a resource group
- In the navigation list, click Resource groups.
- Click New to open the Create a resource group page.
- Select a subscription.
- For Resource group name, enter example-group or another name.
- Click Review + create and then click Create to create the resource group.
- Click Refresh to refresh the list of resource groups.The new resource group appears in your resource groups list.
In Azure RBAC, to grant access, you assign an Azure role.
- In the list of Resource groups, open the new example-group resource group.
- In the navigation menu, click Access control (IAM).
- Click the Role assignments tab to see the current list of role assignments.
- Click Add > Add role assignment.
If you don’t have permissions to assign roles, the Add role assignment option will be disabled.
- On the Role tab, select the Virtual Machine Contributor role.
- On the Members tab, select yourself or another user.
- On the Review + assign tab, review the role assignment settings.
- Click Review + assign to assign the role.
After a few moments, the user is assigned the Virtual Machine Contributor role at the example-group resource group scope.
In Azure RBAC, to remove access, you remove a role assignment.
- In the list of role assignments, add a checkmark next to the user with the Virtual Machine Contributor role.
- Click Remove.
- In the remove role assignment message that appears, click Yes.